Time: 2012-07-04 Click:
A new web browsing option for iPhone and iPad users is now available thanks to Google. The Chrome web browser requires iOS 4.3 or later and provides a bevy of features to enhance web browsing on iOS mobile devices. One of the key highlights is the ability to sync your browsing between these devices and your desktop computer.
All of your omnibox data, tabs, bookmarks and passwords are synced when logged into your Google Chrome account. You can even send pages to your iOS device from a computer to read later offline. Much like the desktop version, Chrome for iOS also has a private browsing mode.
You can download Chrome for iOS free from the iTunes App Store. Here's more information from Google:
Browse fast with Chrome, now available on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Sign in to sync your personalized Chrome experience from your computer, and bring it with you anywhere you go.
- Search and navigate fast, directly from the same box. Choose from results that appear as you type.
Simple, intuitive experience
- Open and quickly switch between an unlimited number of tabs. On your iPhone and iPod touch, flip through tabs the way you would fan a deck of cards. On iPad, swipe from edge to edge to switch tabs.
- Sign in to Chrome to sync your open tabs, bookmarks, passwords, and omnibox data from your computer to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Pick up right where you left off.
- Send pages from Chrome on your computer to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with one click and read them on the go, even if you’re offline.
- Open a tab in Incognito* to browse without saving your history.