Now!!! Phonelt-iPad Claims to Turn Your iPad 3G Into a Phone
Time: 2011-06-18 Quote From: Click:
iPhoneIslam became known when they hacked FaceTime onto the iPhone 3GS, and now they are back in the spotlight – bringing cellular calling and texting to your jailbroken iPad 3G.
The hacking team recently announced the launch of the new Phonelt-iPad application, which will, in effect, turn your iPad 3G into a mobile phone device. The app will be available through the team’s Cydia repository at a price of $20.
Although we did not have the opportunity to test the new app as yet, this may be a big move forward for millions of iPad fans around the world.
- What do I need to make an iPad a fully functional phone?
- Jailbroken iPad1 with iOS version 4.3.3
- Do I need a special SIM card?
- No, just the regular phone SIM card. PS: Data SIM cards will not work as they are for internet use only. iPad that comes with SIM card inside it like from AT&T is a data SIM, hence you will need a regular one, You need activated SIM card with a phone service.
READ THIS: If your SIM card can make phone calls on phones then it will be able to make phone calls on the iPad./li>
- I installed PhoneIt-iPad from your Cydia repo but nothing happened. What should I do next?
- You must first activate your copy by clicking on the ”Active Now” button on this website, Then run PhoneItiPad app on your device.
- Do I need to pay again if I restore my device or reinstall it?
- No, You just pay once for each device.
- Will you support iOS 5 and iPad 2?
- When iOS 5 comes out and becomes jailbroken, sure we will work to bring the app to it. None the less, we can’t guarantee that we will able to do so. Same thing for iPad 2 we just waiting for a jailbreak for it.
- I lost my 3G internet connection and I am unable to change my APN settings, any solution?
- Sometime users lose the preset APN settings you can easy fix that by visit (http://www.unlockit.co.nz) to setup the right APN settings for your device, just open iPad safrai and type the above URL, then create a profile for your device.
- Can I send an MMS?
- PhoneIt-iPad is not MMS ready yet. Hopefully it will with next updates.
- Will I have FaceTime too?
- We don’t guarantee it as it depends on your device/carrier/country. But it’s supported to work fine if you have no issues with the above.
- Is there anyway to have custom ringtones?
- No, at least not till now, iTunes still thinks that your device should not have ringtones because it is iPad.
- Can I use bluetooth headset for phone calls?
- Unfortunately, there is no way to use bluetooth headset with voice calls, as the iPad 1 bluetooth protocols doesn’t support such feature.
- Is there any other Cydia hack that could conflict with your hack?
- Yes, before installing PhoneIt-iPad, you should remove iFacepad, SwirlySMS, and Multitasking Gestures hack.
- This is too good to be true!
- We know, but now you are able to use it too, and relies that it’s.
- Why is your name iPhoneIslam?
- Because we have the largest Arabic, and Islamic website for iOS Apps, News & Hacks. We are very proud of that fact and the name reflects on it.